The beneficial qualities of goat's milk were noticed as early as the 9th century. Even then, it was a nutritional supplement in the diet of infants, as well as the elderly. The product strengthened the immune system and reduced the risk of disease. Today scientifically proven benefits of goat milk. It is recommended to drink to children, adults, and even sometimes prescribed as a drug. What is useful goat milk for women, men and children, we will understand in this article.
Composition of goat milk
The composition of goat milk to 4.5% carbohydrates, 4.2% fat and 3% protein. There is also an abundance of minerals (calcium, magnesium, potassium, sodium, phosphorus, manganese, copper, etc.), vitamins of groups B, A and C. Caloric value of the product is about 68 kcal / 100 g.
The chemical composition of goat milk
Many are interested in the difference between cow and goat milk. Here you can see only a few highlights.
- Goat's milk does not contain alpha-caprein. And this is the main allergen contained in cow's milk. So this product is digested faster and rarely causes allergies.
- There is not much lactose in goat's milk, and therefore in small doses it is sometimes prescribed to people with intolerance to this substance, but only after processing (cottage cheese, cheese, yogurt)!
- The fat content of the product is about 4-7% - practically, like that of a cow. Although in some cases it can vary considerably. So, milk at the beginning of the lactation period in a goat is usually fatter than that taken at the end of lactation.
- Goat milk contains more calcium, potassium, vitamin A, B6 and at the same time less folic acid and vitamin B
The benefits and harm of goat milkRead also these articles.
- Masking of tomatoes in the greenhouse
- Compound feed for chickens
- What to process cabbage
- African swine fever
Milk derived from goats, recommended for people of all ages. But what exactly is its positive action?
The benefits and harm of goat milk
- It normalizes the work of arteries, capillaries, veins, and heart, and even improves blood formation.
- Accelerates bone tissue repair.
- It is useful to people who follow the figure - not calories, but nutritious.
- Beta-casein is recommended for rachitis.
- With regular consumption improves the immune system.
- It helps to recover faster from stressful situations, operations.
- Albumin in composition eliminates disorders in the stomach and intestines.
- Heavy metals, radionuclides accumulate less in the body and are better removed.
- Phospolipids prevent the accumulation of cholesterol.
- A positive effect is also noted in case of kidney diseases - milk removes excess salt, eliminates swelling and normalizes heartbeat, pressure.
- Also recommended goat milk for problems with vision, diathesis.
- It is recommended for tuberculosis, exhaustion.
Despite the abundance of positives, goat's milk can sometimes do harm.
- Harm is observed with individual intolerance.
- If you give only goat's milk from birth to one year, iron deficiency anemia may develop.
- To use the product only with the permission of the attending physician is needed for obesity, increased blood viscosity, diseases of the pancreas.
- It is advisable to drink this product separately, and not during or after meals.
Goat milk during pregnancy
Doctors strongly advise to include goat milk in the diet of pregnant and lactating mothers.
Doctors strongly advise to include goat milk in the diet of pregnant and nursing mothers, because it reduces the possibility of allergies in the child. But apart from this useful quality, the drink fills the female body with useful substances, which are so necessary during these difficult periods. It cleanses the skin, promotes rapid hair growth, which is important, and has a positive effect on the proper development of the tissues and organs of the baby in the womb.
Can I give goat milk to babies?We recommend reading our other articles.
- Duroc pigs and their characteristics
- Chilli Cucumber
- Cabbage variety Nadezhda
- Food for big turkeys
Even when nursed, the child benefits from goat milk, which his mother drinks. It is useful for infants, especially if the mother has little or no milk. It activates the baby’s immune system and stimulates proper development.
When an infant is allergic to milk protein, he is given just goat's milk in order to compensate for the lack of nutrients. Also, babies who often drink goat's milk rarely suffer from skin and ear infections and colds.
Children who often drink goat's milk rarely get sick.
Is it possible to give goat milk to children?
Goat's milk for grown up children allows you to adjust the work of the gastrointestinal tract or recover more quickly after certain diseases. And in general, it is noticed that children who use milk are sick with flu and colds much less often.
For schoolchildren, it is prescribed for increased physical and mental stress in schools, sections. Such a supplement in the diet can increase the stamina of a young athlete or with enhanced mental work (especially during the exams, tests, tests, etc.).
Allergy goat milk
In rare cases, it causes intolerance and, as a result, an allergic reaction. That is why it is recommended as a substitute for cow's milk when it is allergic. In addition, people with other types of allergies will also benefit from this drink because of its rich composition.Important! Allergy sufferers need to gently and gradually introduce goat's milk into the diet!
In addition, sour milk made from goat milk will not be harmful. Cottage cheese, yogurt, kefir and other similar products are digested better than whole milk and do not harm the body even after illness. However, if a negative reaction has appeared on goat's milk, it should immediately be consumed!
Allergy sufferers need to carefully and gradually introduce goat's milk into the diet!
Is it possible to goat milk for diabetes?
In diabetes, goat's milk is useful and often prescribed. It does not contain glucose, and does not increase sugar. And because of the low calorie content, the product reduces the risk of obesity. It has a positive effect on the work of the gastrointestinal tract, which often fails in diabetes. Food is better absorbed, digested without any problems.
The benefits of goat milk for men
Many men love goat's milk, but is it good for them?
- Men who play sports, it will be useful in the restoration of the muscular system after prolonged exertion.
- Improves metabolism, increases stamina.
- If you take it with turnip juice and walnuts, then problems with potency will pass, as traditional medicine assures.
- As part of a creamy small and honey, it helps people who smoke with a strong cough.
How do they drink goat's milk?
Photo of goat's milk curd
Proper storage and use of the product can increase its benefits.
- Starting to use goat's milk is worth a little to check the reaction of the body and allow it to adapt to the new product.
- They drink it without mixing it with water, except when you need to get a milky solution or a drink of weak concentration.
- The product has an antibacterial property, therefore, it is not necessary to boil it, unless the animal from which it received milk is sick. But if in doubt, to eliminate harmful bacteria, the drink is heated to a temperature of 65-70 degrees Celsius, but not boiled!
- If whole milk is poorly absorbed or there is intolerance, you can try to enter into the diet of goat cheese, butter or kefir.
- Often, goat's milk tastes bitter, and for this reason they refuse it. In order to soften the taste and remove the bitterness, you can add a little honey.
Goat's milk can be stored in the refrigerator for more than a week. At room temperature, it retains freshness for about three days. However, doctors and breeders advise to drink it immediately after purchase. Indeed, over time, the amount of nutrients in the composition decreases.