Long-awaited grapes were obtained by crossing varieties Kishmish Radiant and Talisman. The selection work was done by an amateur breeder V. N. Krainov. The variety belongs to the class IV seedless species. He pleases gardeners with pleasant appearance and taste, as well as ease of cultivation.
Description of the grape variety Long-awaited
Grape variety Long-awaited photo
Long-awaited variety - early, table. Vegetation period 105-120 days. Bushes sredneroslye, although they can grow heavily on a good fertilizer. Vine grapes well branched, has a decorative appearance. The leaves are large, rich green color.Important! Most often, the seeds in the grapes Long-awaited are very few and they are soft. But sometimes you can still get hard seeds, so use this variety should be carefully.
Clusters are large, medium friability, conical. They can weigh up to 2 kg, but more often in the range of 700-800 g. Berries have an average weight of 10 g, sometimes more. Conical shape. Depending on the degree of maturation, they can be light green, white or yellow. The rind is thick, but thin - easily eaten. The pulp is fleshy, juicy, pleasantly crunches when biting. Seeds are few. Taste is gentle, sweet, strong aroma. Sugar content is up to 22%, and acidity is 7-8 g / liter.
Long-awaited grape characteristicsRead also these articles.
- Strawberry processing in the fall
- Black-and-white breed of cows
- Why do ficus leaves fall
- Calorie melon and beneficial properties
The long-awaited grape variety has mostly positive characteristics.
- Full fruiting can be expected from 3 years after planting.
- Early ripening - this grape is one of the first to ripen.
- Immunity is strong to mildew and mites, to many other fungal diseases and pests, it also has good resistance.
- Despite the high sugar content, fruits rarely spoil the birds and wasps.
- Productivity from a bush of 6-10 kg.
- Not afraid of drought and heat.
Disadvantages, not a lot.
- Frost resistance to -23 degrees Celsius.
- Often affected by oidium.
- It can peas. Although even those berries that peas fully matured with the rest at the time of collection.
Features of growing
Grape Cultivation Long-awaited photo
To plant grapes. The long-awaited should be in a well-lit place where it will be warm throughout the entire growing season. Although it is believed that this variety can successfully ripen with a lack of sun. For an adult bush 4-6 square meters are allocated, which is important to consider when planting. Usually, seedlings are planted more densely, but over time, the grown bushes are planted, otherwise full yield will be difficult to achieve.Important! It is advisable to make a hole 2 months before planting the grapes so that the earth can be well tamped.
A hole is dug in dimensions of 80x100x70 cm. The earth mixture for planting is made from garden soil, organic and mineral fertilizers. Plants are planted according to the standard scheme - drainage is put on the bottom, then a seedling is put on an elevation in a hole of fertile land and it is added dropwise with earth. If you take a good, nutrient substrate, you can not fertilize planting over the next 2 years. After planting, seedlings are watered (up to 8 liters per plant).
Care is a simple, regular procedure.
Crop grapes photo
- Trimming is carried out annually, and you can a couple of times per season. Do it on 7-10 buds. Up to 30 buds are left on the bush in general so that the bush does not grow much.
- If necessary, as the bushes grow, the bushes and remove all excess leaves so that the sunlight can reach the clusters.
- 2-3 times per season, it is desirable to spray the grapes from diseases, pests. To the wasps do not spoil the clusters, they can be placed in special mesh bags.
- Due to the average frost resistance, it is desirable to cover the vine for the winter and to mulch the ground near the root zone.
- In the third year after planting, it is recommended to start feeding the culture. In the spring - nitrogen fertilizers and ash, in the summer you can take complex minerals, and in the autumn they make humus for digging.
Harvesting and storageWe recommend reading our other articles.
- How to feed the spring garlic
- Chicken brooder
- How to grow apricot from the stone
- Eggplant King of the North F1
Brushes with berries ripen from about mid-August. After the berries have ripened, it is advisable to immediately collect the clusters, as the presentation of goods will deteriorate when overripe.Important! If it rains a few days before the harvest, the berries can crack and begin to fall. This usually leads to a deterioration of transportable, commercial qualities. At the same time, in dry weather, the concentration of sugar in the berries may increase and this will attract the attention of wasps and similar insects.
Harvested grapes are stored without problems if healthy, so that the variety is often grown for sale. You can use the collected clusters for fresh consumption, cooking desserts, juice, jam and other dishes.
Reviews about grapes Long-awaited
Grape jam photo
The long-awaited grape variety has a lot of flaws, so it can not be called ideal, but it is not required. Many gardeners love this grape for its unpretentiousness and amazing taste.
- Anton Gribko: "Grapes. The long-awaited one of my favorite varieties. I grow it with later white species. Most of the harvest goes on sale, the rest is in conservation and for fresh consumption. A very tasty variety, berries are juicy, sweet!".
- Tatyana Belova: “A few years ago, we chose a grape variety just for food. The choice fell on the long-awaited, and now we have been eating incredibly tasty berries for 5 years. The clusters are big, beautiful. ".
- Oleg Zhdets: “The main problem I encountered in the case of the Long-awaited variety is the bones. They come across just when you don’t expect them, because most of the berries have no hard seeds at all. This is at least unpleasant. But, in general, these are good grapes, to warm the winter and to be attentive while eating! "