If the gardener is guided by the size of the berries when choosing a currant variety, then Yadrenaya is preferred. In terms of the quality characteristics of the berries, she has no rivals. Currant Yadrenaya differs excellent taste, large fruits, crops, for which it is valued around the world, and not only in Russia, where it was bred.
Description and characteristics of the variety
The shrub of the species under consideration grows up to 1.5 meters in height, mid-range with proper and timely pruning. There are not many leaves, they are located on small stalks of branches. Productivity - 5-6 kg / bush. It is important to note that they give the highest yields only in Western Siberia, or in similar conditions.
Large berries weighing up to 8 grams!
Berry brush up to 9 cm, each has 4-8 berries. Berries copiously cover long branches. Large, plum-shaped and weighing up to 8 grams! Seeds in them are large. The skin is moderately thick - transportation over short distances is possible. The flesh is fleshy, refreshing, sweet, but with a hint of acid. Sugar in the composition up to 9%, titratable acidity - 3.7%, vitamin C - 96 mg / 100 g
Advantages and disadvantages of currantsRead also these articles.
- Growing Brussels Sprouts
- Bronze wide-breasted turkey
- Rex Rabbits
- How to grow cabbage seedlings from seeds at home
For a greater understanding of the features of the form and care for it, it is necessary to consider its advantages and disadvantages. The following points are attributed to positive qualities.
- Resistance to heat and frost up to -30 degrees.
- Abundant yield.
- Not afraid of powdery mildew, kidney mite, moderately susceptible to anthracosis.
- Simple processing of berries due to their size. Big berries are also quickly sold in the market.
- Universal purpose allows you to use the crop in different ways: freezing, jam, fruit juice, jam, fresh consumption, baking, and so on.
Abundant yield - the indisputable advantage of the variety Yadrenaya
There are also disadvantages and they need to be taken into account when choosing a plant, planting and further care.
- Currant ripens Vigorous late, but given the size of the berries, it is excusable. They need a lot of time to get sweets and become useful, not just big.
- Fruiting is not long. Harvesting is necessary as soon as it has ripened; berries will not hang on the branches for a long time.
- Serious care is required: pruning, weeding, processing, garter and much more.
- It is subject to aging, so the bushes need to be rejuvenated regularly.
How to care for currant Yadrenaya?
Although the variety and inherent large berries, their weight can be significantly reduced with poor care. It is worth noting that the bushes of this type are capricious, but they are also worth working on.
Pruning Currant Mandatory required
- Abundant watering is needed only during the period of the ovaries, fruit ripening, after harvesting and budding for the next year. This is a time of active plant development.
- One of the most important care points is pruning. Bushes currant varieties Yadrenaya, without this procedure, quickly age and cease to bear fruit
- Garter is necessary so that the branches do not fall to the ground under a load of berries, and this is what usually happens.
- Around the bush need to weed the land in a timely manner. This is done not only for good breathability, but also to curb the spread of most diseases and pests.
- Top dressing can be made regularly, during the period of flowering and fruiting, or limited to spring and autumn dressing. In the autumn make organic matter in the spring and minerals can be. Up to 4 years old, it is worth making a clean fertilizer, and after 4 years - liquid, diluted in water.
How and when to plant currants?We recommend reading our other articles.
- How to cut gooseberries
- Fortune Potatoes
- The best self-made varieties of plums
- Ovosk to check eggs
The planting time of new bushes is mid-March or the end of September. In early spring, this is done before the start of sap flow, and in early autumn, in order for the plant to take root during the winter and produce a harvest in the first year.
Reproduction of currants with green cuttings
The place for planting choose solar, so that the bushes get as much heat and light as possible. In the shade the berries become smaller and their development is prolonged. It is advisable to arrange protection against wind. During the ripening of berries under the influence of a strong wind, they can crumble.
Vodrenuyu currant propagated by cuttings and bushes. In the first case, the landing is always carried out in the fall. Planting material is deepened at an angle of 45 degrees so that on the surface was not more than 2 buds and at a distance of 50 cm from each other. The first shoots will appear in the spring, and at this time the first fertilizer is applied (a mixture of a tablespoon of urea and a bucket of manure). One bucket is enough for 12 cuttings. The second and third feeding is done with the same composition every 14 days. If the summer is very hot and the cuttings do not grow, you can feed the fourth time until the end of June. If desired, during the season you can make ash under the plant before watering.
In the middle of summer shoots pinch on top. After that, the plant starts to let the side pagons. When the currant grows up it can be spread out a bit so that the individual bushes are divided by a meter of free space.
Planted shrubs varieties Yadrenaya always abreast a meter apart. So that the branches are not confused, it also allows plants to pollinate each other to increase yield. The wells are pulled out for planting, a mixture of peat, compost or any other organic material is poured into each one so that the currant takes root faster. Then put a bush, sprinkled with earth on all sides, watered. Top dressing, in the first year, is applied, as in the case with cuttings, several times per season.
After the plant is planted, the soil around it must be mulched with peat, sawdust or similar material. Dark agrofibre may also come up.
What is sick and what pests are afraid of?
Resistant currant Yadrenaya powdery mildew, kidney mite. Almost does not suffer from rust and anthracnose. But at the first signs of these diseases and pests, it is necessary to treat the plant, otherwise the problem will be aggravated, since diseases, and especially pests, spread quickly. Maybe not the bush itself, but the surrounding cultures will suffer from them.
Of the pests in the first place is to fear aphids. It appears at the beginning of summer and always makes itself felt crowded and twisted leaves. From it, you can process the culture by any means, since this is the beginning of the season, there are no berries yet, which means that you cannot harm them. If the chosen remedy is good, then one treatment may be enough until next year.
Adult plants are sick less often and the treatment from pests is elementary - it is necessary to remove the affected areas, if desired, to carry out preventive, complex treatment.